ABOUT GURGAON REAL ESTATES
- Gurgaon, popularly known as Millennium City, lies at around 35 km from Delhi. It is located in Gurgaon district in the Indian state of Haryana and is also included under the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Earlier, Gurgaon was known as ‘Guru Gram’ which means “Village of the Guru”. From ancient history, it is learnt that the land was first owned by the legendary rulers Pandavas and Kauravas, who later presented it to Guru Dronacharya.
- Leading Indian automobile manufacturer Maruti Suzuki India Limited had set up a manufacturing plant in Gurgaon in 1970s. Following this, the city started witnessing tremendous growth.
- Though Gurgaon has been witnessing rapid urbanization, it has still been facing some issues like lack of proper infrastructure and utilities, frequent power cuts and rising crime.
- There are over 25 shopping malls in Gurgaon, of which DLF’s ‘Mall of India’ is the biggest. The city has been witnessing growth in all the sectors including residential, commercial, retail, office, institutional, hospital and industrial. Similar explosive growth has been witnessed for Gurgaon real estate and property in Gurgaon.
- Gurgaon has several architecturally significant buildings in a wide range of styles and from distinct time period. There are more than 1000 residential skyscrapers in Gurgaon.
- Key projects in Gurgaon are Olympia, DLF Privana, Vatika Xpressions, Godrej 101, Eldeco Accolade, Ireo Uptown, ILD Arete, Supertech Hill Crest Floors, Central Park III Independent Floors, Ashiana Mulberry, Supertech Hill Town, Emaar MGF Palm Terraces Select, SS Group Plots, Central Park III Independent Floors, ILD GSR Drive, Vipul Aarohan, Anant Raj Estate Plots, Supertech Azaliya, Supertech Scarlett, M3M Merlin, Orris The Blue Lagoon, M3M Sierra, Ireo Victory Valley, M3M Escala, Tata Raisina Residency, M3M Latitude, Vatika Xpressions, Ireo The Grand Arch, Central Park III Independent Floors, Raheja Ayana Residences, Vatika Gurgaon 21, Tata Primanti Villas, Tata Primanti, Central Park III The Room, Gurgaon 99, Godrej 101, Raheja Revanta Surya Tower, Orris Carnation Residency, M3M Urbana One Key ResiMents, Orris Aster Court Premier, Ashiana Mulberry.
- Top builders in Gurgaon are DLF Group, Sobha Limited, Omaxe Construction Ltd, Ansal API, Unitech Limited, Godrej Properties Limited, Parsvnath Developers Ltd, Eldeco Infrastructure, Mahindra Lifespace Developers, Vatika Group.
- The population estimates for Gurgaon, as per 2011 India census, stands at 876,824, of which 54.24% are males and 45.76% females.
- The population under the age of six is 108,623, with 58,842 males and 49,781 females, making child sex ratio 846.
- Gurgaon has a good literacy rate. The number of literates is 662,696 with 373,164 males and 289,805 females. The effective literacy rate of population aged 7+ is 86.30 of which the male rate is 89.54 and the female rate 82.46.
- New job opportunities and cosmopolitan culture of the city attracts younger generation. The current child population shows that in the next 10-15 years, there will be a huge rise in the number of working population.
Economic growth factors
- Gurgaon is currently a leading financial and industrial center of India. It is a prime hub of multinational companies, software companies, telecom companies, call centers, shopping malls, multiplexes and skyscrapers. It is a home to nearly 250 Fortune 500 companies. This has led to huge jump in Gurgaon real estate.
- Gurgaon has emerged as the city with third highest per capita income in India.
- The city is among the most important offshoring centers in the world. It houses Indian corporate headquarters of many leading international companies like American Express, Microsoft, IBM, Coca-Cola, etc.
- IMT Manesar is a fast growing industrial town which is in vicinity of Gurgaon. It is being called as ‘New Gurgaon’ by some of the developers since the area is witnessing huge growth. It has provided employment to over 100,000 people.
- The city offers a large number of employment opportunities. With Gurgaon emerging as a hub for IT and IT-enabled services, several high-income jobs were created. Apartments, Flats and Villas in Gurgaon are in oversupply due to boom in Gurgaon Real estate.
- Gurgaon is also notable for its real estate growth, which brought in a spur in the entire economy. Many renowned real estate developers have set up their companies here.
- Reliance Venture and Haryana government are set to establish a multi-product special economic zone (SEZ) in Gurgaon. Japanese companies like Mitsubishi and Panasonic are given large contracts to set up manufacturing and logistics facilities for the special hundred square kilometers economic zone. This ambitious project is likely to create another 1.5 million new jobs in Gurgaon.
- Gurgaon has excellent connectivity to Delhi through the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway, which forms a part of the National Highway 8. One can also reach Delhi through the Expressway and Mahatma Gandhi Road (Ring Road) or through the Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road.
- Through the NH-8, which is also a part of the Golden Quadrilateral project Gurgaon is well-connected to other cities including Jaipur, Udaipur, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Mumbai and other parts of the country.
- The city is connected to various parts of the NCR through roads including NH-8, Sohna Road, Pataudi Road, Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road, Golf Course Extension Road, Faridabad Link road and Jhajjar Road.
- Dwarka Expressway, also known as Northern Peripheral Road (NPR), will connect Dwarka with NH-8 at Kherki Dhaula and will pass Pataudi Road.
- The connecting roads to New Delhi have been broadened to clear the traffic bottlenecks. The eight-lane toll expressway is also being extended to smoothen the traffic from and towards Delhi. This good connectivity has further increased the property prices for Gurgaon Real estate.
- The city is located at less than 20 km from Indira Gandhi International Airport and has easy connectivity too.
- Gurgaon is also connected to Delhi and other suburbs via Delhi Metro. But metro is not much preferred by commuters as the areas connected by the network are limited with only five metro stations in the city.
- Rapid Metro Rail Gurgaon has also become functional from November 14 boosting the transport system of the city.
Gurgaon civic administration
- Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) is the urban planning agency of Haryana. It was established in 1977 and its headquarters is located in Panchkula. HUDA is responsible for the development and maintenance of residential, commercial, industrial and institutional areas in the state.
- Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN) is responsible for supply of electricity in Gurgaon. The authority distributes power in around nine districts of Haryana while the Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (UHBVN) distributes power in North Haryana. Gurgaon has a power consumer base of 360,000 with average power load of 700-800 MW. There are frequent power outages in the city, and the problem gets worse during summers.
- 7 Gurgaon district is divided into four zones North, South, East and West. It is further divided into 35 wards. The Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) is responsible for the municipal works related to the district.
- The major concerns of the residents are increasing power cut issues and crime rates in the city. Policing has been provided by Gurgaon Police and a separate traffic police department is also functioning in the city. Fire protection within the city limits is provided by MCG through four fire stations.
Residential real estate market in Gurgaon
- Gurgaon is primarily an investor-driven market. Factors like proximity to Delhi and international airport, availability of land parcels, employment opportunities, industrial development, favourable tax policies, etc. have paved way to real estate boom in the city.
- The prime micro-markets of Gurgaon include NH-8, MG Road, Golf Course Road, Golf Course Extension Road, Manesar, Dwarka Expressway and Sohna Road (now being referred to as Gurgaon Extension).
- Gurgaon is the second largest contributor to NCR’s residential market. The micro-market holds 24 percent of the under-construction units. The Millennium City is expected to house around 2,500 multi-storey towers by 2018.
- Gurgaon’s residential real estate market caters to all segments of the target audience as it offers properties ranging from one bedroom flats to luxury villas and penthouses.
- The city provides different highrise living in apartments and flats. Properties for rent is also available with ample options of flats, apartments and villas. Following are some of the key localities popular with respect to Real estate in Gurgaon